There are so many cake decorating books on the market. They range from very technical to basic and simple to understand to glossy picture coffee table books. So how do you choose the right one for you? There are many factors that need to be taken into account when choosing the right book.
The first thing is to ascertain the level you are at. Ensure that the book caters to your ability. It would be useless to get an advanced book if you are just starting out. I think the best option if you are a beginner is to find a book that caters for beginners to advanced decorators in simple to understand language.
It is also important to make sure that the instructions are clear and easy to comprehend. I found that step-by-step instructions are the best. They can be used as a checklist.
Pictures are also a great help. In a book visual aids are great for learning. They are also good for ideas and inspiration. A glossy hard cover book with pictures will be the best for inspiration.
I have many cake decorating books that I have found to be great. But some are really much better at teaching. Others have such beautiful pictures that I mainly use them to inspire me.
The most important thing is to find cake decorating books that you feel comfortable using. They must be in a style that you can relate to. I am sure that there are some out there that you will find suit your purpose perfectly.
No comments:
Post a Comment